Visiting our office for regular exams and cleanings is essential to maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile. We recommend that you visit our practice at least every six months for a routine dental exam and teeth cleaning. During your exam, which typically lasts about 45 minutes, our skilled dentists and dental team members will:
- Check for any dental problems that you may not be able to easily see or feel
- Examine your teeth for cavities and other signs of tooth decay
- Assess the health of your gums, checking for signs of gingivitis and periodontal disease
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Evaluate any existing restorations (such as dental crowns, fillings, etc.) for needed maintenance or repairs
- Provide a careful, thorough teeth cleaning, which includes removing plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) from the teeth and polishing your teeth
Your regular dental exam and cleaning is also a perfect time for you to speak with Dr. Jacobson about any questions or concerns you might have about your dental health. For more information on regular exams and cleanings, and to schedule your next visit, we invite you to contact us today. We are committed to helping you keep your smile healthy!